Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Tuesday:
1. Injury report. Defensive end Adrian Clayborn suffered a knee injury against the Cardinals and there is an ESPN tweet/report, which cites unknown “sources” that he’ll be out for a month. Falcons coach Dan Quinn will give an official injury report from the team today or Wednesday.
2. Power rankings. The power rankings are out. How high are the Falcons?
3. Defense has been hit by injuries. There’s nothing positive about the Falcons losing Desmond Trufant to season-ending surgery or the news that defensive end Adrian Clayborn reportedly also is set for a procedure. The defense has been vulnerable to big pass plays and now the Falcons will make their final push for the playoffs without their best cornerback and a key pass rusher.
4. NFL is soft, but headed in right direction. We talked to several former NFL and Falcons players including Buddy Curry, Bobby Butler, Jeff Bostic, Kevin Butler, Scott Woerner and Chuck Smith. They shared their views on the league from the slow pace of the games to the crack down on celebrations.
5. Falcons and bestselling author Tim Green team up for Play60/Read 20 event. (I’d personally flip this to Play20/Read 60). The Falcons and the NFL have advocated 60 minutes of activity a day for kids across America to promote physical fitness. Now, the team is adding character building and education to that message. For the second year in a row, the Falcons are teaming up with NFL veteran and NY Times Bestselling author Tim Green for a PLAY60/READ20 event on Tuesday, November 29 at Lake Windward Elementary School in Alpharetta.
D. Orlando Ledbetter
November 29, 2016